Monday, July 12, 2010

Psalm 139:1-4

“ O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my laying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD." Psalm 139: 1-4



I shared a room with my sisters growing up… there were four of us in one tight little space. And we would stay up for hours giggling and drawing circles on each others backs way past our bedtimes. We learned to keep it quiet… but my dad, he had an ear for us girls. He could tell when we were up, and when we were going to sleep. And every now and again we would hear the scrape of his chair sliding across the kitchen linoleum and the sound of his boots heading toward our room and we knew he heard us and was heading our way to scold us. We couldn’t keep much hidden from him. He had a knack for knowing what his girls were up to. His senses were attuned to us and there was not much we could do that got past him… he knew when we were lying, he knew when we were up to no good, and he knew how we would react to something before we even knew ourselves. It was very frustrating as a child but also comforting… it was because of that eye of his that second sense with all us girls that I felt so safe in his home. I knew that even if he wasn’t around he was attuned to me and looking out for me and I guess that made me a little more gutsy as a kid.

And as good as my father was…. It astounds me to realize that God is even better. He is our creator… the one that put us all together and so He knows all our secrets. The good the bad and the ugly. He doesn’t just hear what our words say but He listens to what our hearts cry out, He knows when we sit and when we rise and as big as this universe is He is attuned to us each individually. Did you know He sees you? He hears you? And more importantly He knows you inside and out and He loves you….. all of you and I hope that knowing that brings you comfort today. He has His eye on you and He is madly in love with all that He sees! Feel that today… walk in it… and be a little gutsy because there’s nothing about you that is hidden… and look what He has done to care for every part of you!

That is your promise for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment