Wednesday, July 14, 2010

John 5:33

"But my purpose is not to get your vote, and not to appeal to human testimony. I’m speaking to you this way so that you will be saved.”
John 5:33 (MSG)




When my son was really little I had to give him cough medicine one night for a sore throat. He hated the stuff, and after he choked it down and made a scowl he said to me one of the most profound statements I had ever heard. “You know mom God is a lot like cough medicine. Sometimes what He says is hard to swallow but when you do it always makes you better”

Out of the mouths of babes! And you know what? It is so true! God’s word does not always slide down easily and sometimes it’s bitter enough to leave a scowl on our face. But to me it is a beautiful thing that He is more concerned with our safety than our comfort. That He is willing to not say the popular easy thing, but instead hold us to that place that causes us to rise up and stretch toward Him instead of meagerly drifting among mortals.

He has saved you, He has instilled greatness in you. His way is not always easy, rarely popular, but always safe, and always life giving!

That is your promise for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment