Friday, July 9, 2010

Psalm 130:3

“If you, God, kept records on wrongdoings, who would stand a chance? As it turns out, forgiveness is your habit, and that's why you're worshiped.“
Psalm 130:3 (MSG)


I’m a teeth clencher… I can’t help it…. It has become such a habit to me that it is second nature when I am concentrating or reading. I don’t think about it… don’t make a decision to do it…it just happens. This habit of mine is incredibly hard for me to break. I try but rarely succeed because my body cannot resist the urge to clench in certain situations. That is kind of how habits roll… no effort is required to carry them out but an enormous effort is expended to try to stop them because it seems stopping is going against the very grain of who we are.

Habits become some organic act that is part of our being. God works on such a Divine playing field that His habits are blessings. And when one of His children mess up guess what….His automatic response is to just forgive… it’s a habit to Him! There is no decision, no thought, no debate, no internal muscle that He needs to stretch to work it out… it just flows and occurs as a natural extension of Him. Isn’t that amazing? So today if there’s some little thing in the center of your soul you have been afraid to talk to Him about…some little nagging confession you haven’t made go ahead and just lay it out there… give it to Him…He is a habitual forgiver…He just can’t resist the urge! Because He is madly in love with you and eager to forgive!

That is your promise for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment