Monday, July 5, 2010

2 Corinthians 3:17

“For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
2 Corinthians 3:17 (NLT)

One of the reasons I hate flying so much would be because of those darn seats… and worse yet that seatbelt. I feel like a 20lb sausage squashed into a 5 lb sack! I know the seatbelt makes good logical sense…but I keep my eye focused during take off on that little strip of lights above my seat and wait expectantly for the little “ding” that lets me know it is okay to take off that restraint and wander the cabin freely. And when I do finally unbuckle relief floods my soul and extremeties.

You know that relief is a lot like what I felt when I came to Christ and realized that I am not chained to my past or sin. His spirit sets me free every day and at every point in my life, low or high, it is an untouchable freedom I feel and that freedom gives me courage to walk forward boldly with a spring in my step and a little giggle under my belt. Have you heard that “ding”? Did you know you are safe to take off that seatbelt and wander the cabin freely? Stand up, stretch your spiritual legs, exercise those muscles and leave that tight confined space of captivity.. because God loves you and is with you… and wherever He is …there is freedom!


That is your promise for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment