Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Psalm 138:8

“The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.”
- Psalm 138:8

Photograph courtesy of: Mateusz Stachowski


I am a perpetual procrastinator and I have notebooks filled with half finished projects. We humans tend to get big ideas with little muscle to follow through…because life and it’s distractions side track us onto the next task… or the next day…or the next emergency. We abandon lots just out of priority…or necessity. So it is a relief to me to know God does not operate on that human level. He does not have notebooks filled with half finished plans for our lives, no Divine appointments left unmet because something else came along. He fulfills what He sets out to do and for you and I He has set out to do pretty amazing things.

We are works in His hands constantly and no distraction, or delay, or emergency ever takes us from that position in His palm. Works in progress that is what we are and He is faithful to completion…There is no abandoning in the heavenly realms and though I cannot get me to that finish line….He can… and He will… and He does… every moment of every day… even right now… this very second… He is propelling us forward in His purpose. Because you are the apple of His eye!

That is your promise for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment